Thursday, January 20, 2011

More hiccups...

Sometimes when things start to go back I feel like it is just a domino effect.
  • Right after I got out of school I did a TON of projects around the house, which lead to contractions. Went to Kaiser and they monitored for a while and saw no cervical change and sent me home; now on modified bed rest.
  • Kaiser sets me up on preterm labor monitoring; again emphasising the importance of bed rest and now a twice daily contractions check with kick count
  • Last week I did not feel baby move for a while and decided to just go in to make sure hes still okay. Go in it took them almost 10 whole minuted to find him having me change positions and having other staff come in to try.... finally right before they found him I broke down and started crying.... When I heard the first lub-dub I cried even more. Kept me for a while and told me it was his position, but all is still well
  • Had a follow up with my MD the next day to find that all is great, but my belly is measuring 2 weeks ahead and I have gained no weight since November. Not a big deal as of now.
Now to present day; I had my check up on Tuesday to find that now my belly is measuring 4 weeks ahead (last week only 2 weeks ahead), still no weight gain, but baby sounds fantastic and is vertex. My CNM gets a little worried and calls in for an urgent u/s in which my OB agrees with.
Today I am a keeping my fingers crossed that it is just his position and not anything that could be more. I was asked "What else could it be"? Well I have one idea why, but I also have all the books and have not even bothered to look because I do not want to worry about all the "what if's" Just staying hopeful that it is his position and he is perfectly fine:)
They wanted me to come in yesterday or today, but Friday was going to work out better so now I am just waiting for a call to let me know what time to be there.
Why does it seem like drama just follows me..... As much as I try to escape it? Promise to post updates here when I know more.

2 comments:

  1. Please keep us updated! I think sometimes as people who are in the health care profession or people who are very familiar with pregnancy because of the surrogacy process, we tend to think more of things than a normal, lay person would. It is impossible not to because we know all the complications that can happen with things. You just need to stay calm and try to get as much rest as you possibly can! If you need anything tomorrow after they call you, feel free to email me. I am having a calm day at work moving into the new office, so I'll have my phone on me and it rings with any email. Thinking positive, happy full term healthy baby thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth! Sometimes I think I would be lost without my surro friends. Even though I am not a surro anymore and most of my surro friends are not either, really they are the only ones that KNOW truly what I am going through..... :)

    ReplyDelete