Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Is this normal?

So the twins (surrogate and my last pregnancy) ended at 31 weeks even after they threw everything at me to stop labor.  (You can read more about my birth story here) That was 2009. We are now pregnant with our #3 (total my #6 - 5th pregnancy) and I am having some anxiety as I creep towards the 31 week mark. Friday I turned 28 weeks and every little thing I am jumpy over. I try to relax and know it is not the same, but I am scared to possibly ignore something that could be something I should pay attention to. Sorry - did that make sense....
So my question is... is this normal after a preterm birth? How many people have had preterm birth's and gone on to have a full term baby.
The twins also came by c-section; three previous were beautiful vaginal deliveries and then the section.... I am also having nightmares that he is going to be breech and my VBAC wont be.
If I have to be sectioned I will be sad, but it wont be as bad if I go into labor early.... Is it selfish to want to be able to put my son skin to skin right away; put him to my breast to eat right away; take him home right away? All I can think is how many problems preterm babies have. Even ones that are only a month early..... The baby I cared for in my NICU rotation was 35 weeks and had some terrible feeding issues. I don't want to be told not to breast feed or not to put him skin to skin because LORD knows I will not listen to them and I will do what I think is best for him.... which is to still do those things. I felt sad being in the NICU and watching these MD's tell momma's not to do something that I KNEW would help their babies get better and thrive. Its really hard to keep my mouth shut when I see old MD's with their old school thinking like that......
If my precious boy has to be in the NICU, those nurses and doctors are going to hate me... I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment