Sunday, January 30, 2011

Expert Blog Button Creator Overrnight .....?

Not quite, but almost! lol! It is weird to think it was that simple... I have been searching on the internet how to make my own button and header since I started this blog. You look at any mommy blog and they have the cutest headers and buttons... enough to make a new mommy blogger envious...

well, I just did not have the money to fork over to have them made so I kept searching. Everything I read said "You can make your own; simple; at home! With photoshop..." Great- how much is photoshop again? Blah.....

So then I was looking at a mommy blog and came across this "YOU! – Make Your Own Cutest EVER Blog Buttons for FREE" ... well it is worth a read. Then I get into it and this mommy blogger tells you how to find everything you need on the internet to make your FREE blog button! You can read the post HERE!

Well that's wonderful! So I got to work! I made my beautiful little button - all by myself with a little tweaking and some love I came up with this!



Cute, huh? Seriously - all on my own! (Well other than the fantastic directions/tutorial from Welcome to Linneyville.

My next thought: Well I see all these mommy bogs have a place on their page where other bloggers can "steal" their button and put it up on their site......

So back to the internet I went. I came across this post "Tutorial: How to Get Your Own Grab Button" - jackpot! While Shabby Blogs caters mostly to people who use blogger, this worked on wordpress for me!

Awesome! I can't believe that all this time making a button was so easy! Also on Welcome to Linneyville she has a tutorial on how to make your own header - quick and simple!

Once you get the hang of it, the possibilities are endless! I even made my own Facebook and Twitter buttons on my home page!!!

Now all I ask is, if you visit them to let them know who sent ya!:)If you make a button, I would LOVE for you to come back and post it in the comments (or a link to it). Also if you do make one, I would love for you to grab my button and let people know where you learned how to do it:)

Happy blog button creating!!

Still think it is just more complicated than what you can do? I would be happy to help. Just email me an idea of what you want; maybe a pic you want me to start with, some color ideas, maybe some favorite things you like and I would be happy to give it a go. Just remember that it will be pretty simple as I am just getting my feet wet with this. After I am done, you are welcome to have the code! If you truly LOVE it more than life itself, consider "Buying me a coffee" with the link on my home page and for SURE posting my button to your blog!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment