Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Nothing like a little scare to put life in perspective!

So my last pregnancy ended at 31 weeks. Very quickly too. I just felt "off" for a little while and instead of taking a chance, I decided to go in and get checked. I was not dilated, but I was contracting... just a few short hours later, I was 5 cm. They threw everything they had at me from trebutaline to mag. Nothing did the trick. By that evening, I was 7cm and since the twins were transverse they decided to take them by c-section. I also want to add that my belly was measuring 45 inches!
So last night when I was feeling "off" and a slight bit crampy all in my lower abdomen, I decided I did not want to chance it and went in to be checked.
3 hours later I got a clean bill of health. I was technically contracting but thank god no cervical changes. Both hubby and I thought we can blame it on me cleaning out the computer room to make room for Collin and all the other projects I have taken on since I have been out of school. The on call MD told me to rest and made me a sooner appointment with my midwife to be checked again.
Of course, I know all of you will be praying for baby Collin and myself not to be back to L&D until March sometime:)

No comments:

Post a Comment