Saturday, December 11, 2010

Making Snowglobes



Courtesy of Design Mom!
Snow globes that you can make at home!



**UPDATE:

I tried this project with my daughters class exactly how Design Mom says to do, and for us it was a complete disaster. The pictures took my husband and I all day to figure out how to get the size right. I ended up using Picnik to fix them and print them. The packing tape did not seal the pictures, the PVC pipe was a BEAR to shred and it stayed at the top and ALL of the jars leaked.

Here are the adjustments we made to make snowglobes that dont leak :)

1. Get the pictures laminated.

2. Use glitter instead of PVC pipe

3. Get silicone sealant and use a tad bit under the cap once placed

4. Dont bother getting the glycerin. We went to several stores and finally found itty bitty bottles for $6 each! and it did not even help! The glitter will sink on its own

Yes, this project taught me a valuable lesson - always try it first at home before you do it on a larger scale..... like 20 kids! lol!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment