Monday, July 26, 2010

I think I hit the jackpot!!!

Well maybe not completely. I don't know if I mentioned before that the thought of giving birth in a normal hospital with all the machines and equipment, monitors, interventions, etc makes me so tense and stresses me even now... I really would like to try a home birth but hubby is really concerned with the fact that our boy (birth and baby #2) came out with the cord twice around his neck, labored breathing and blue... which is still okay with a home birth, but hubby is not convinced. He is also worried about how the doctors have told him I am more likely to rupture my uterus now because I had a c-section, but he wont read more about VBAC's. Anyway, I am now on a quest to find a free-standing birth center. I found one that will EVENTUALLY open in San Jose.... but not before I give birth... i found one in Oakland.... and hubby said I don't think so... and then I just found one in SF!! A beautiful free-standing birth center. Of course we will have to go tour it, but ... YAY!!!! The rooms in a birth center have all the special equipment locked behind a door out of view. It just looks like a really nice hotel room. They don't limit your guest/visitors (we can have the kids there if we want - yay!), movement, food, etc... I am so happy to have found this! Natural, stress free, calm labor - here I come!! What more could a pregnant lady want???

No comments:

Post a Comment