Sunday, July 25, 2010

green baby...?

So I am home during the summer and have spent a lot of time learning more about pregnancy and babies since that is what I will be doing next semester. The childbirth class I took (link to site below) was AMAZING to say the least! It opened my eyes  to a whole different approach and made me excited to think of our next little one entering the world... when that time came.... Well it is a reality now and I am so excited to do what I can to make this baby my little green baby! lol! Since my experience with a c-section was one of the most horrible experiences in my life (don't get me wrong I am so happy that the twins are hear healthy... it was just a horrible and traumatic thing for me that I would rather not re-live), I have decided to try a more natural approach this time. The class I took was exactly what I needed to straighten me out! The problem is when you have a c-section, you now have scar tissue on your uterus. If you are given pitocin (which most women now are routinely given because the doctors try to speed up labor... cause they put a clock on it) it will make my contractions super strong and possibly lead to my uterus rupturing which would mean having to have a emergency section. I would love to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean) but with such high rates of interventions at hospitals its hard to stand your ground to keep all the interventions at bay when you are so tired and worn out and the nurses and doctors are offering them every 5 seconds cause they have no faith that a woman can actually go through labor and her body might have a clue of what it is doing on its own.... Okay enough ranting, sorry. Anyway... my point is, we are thinking about doing a home water birth with a certified midwife present. We really want the kids present and I love the idea of the water birth but I cant find a facility around me that offers that. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? (I know that this is totally different and if anything goes wrong... so on and so on... so please, as those comments come through your head, blow them out instead of typing them out:) lol!)

I am also trying my hand at sewing all in one cloth diapers. I did a research paper on diapers for my English class... oh my in 2008 I guess, and found many reasons I do not want to use disposables again. I have found a few on ebay really cheap so I am waiting for those to get here so I can take them apart! hahaha! I also found a bunch of patterns free online, but they have so many different options for fabric, size and style it is hard to know what I will like, what will work and where to start! Sounds fun, huh!?!

Another fun project is going to be organizing the rooms we have... We have 4 rooms and we want to keep the office, the office, so we have Katelyn's and Logan's room's left. Logan's room is smaller so I was thinking about putting the baby in there and having the two older one's share for now.  That way if the baby is napping, they can still play with their toys. So I am thinking a bunk bed in Katelyn's room...

I know, I know... it is still very early, but the problem is anything I am going to do has to happen either in August or in January because back to school I go and their goes all my free time with it! :) 

Any idea's you have for a green baby? I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment