Friday, August 27, 2010

10 wks: what a day...

Today I had my pregnancy orientation. Yes, this being my 5th pregnancy apparently there is something that must have slipped through the cracks and I am re-taught what it will be like being pregnant and how to eat right... thanks for that Kaiser.
Anyway, they gave me a whole bunch of appt's today. We decided to go with the less invasive way of detecting abnormalities with the Nuchal Translucency ultrasound and some blood work. I have read too many things about CVS and Amnio that make me think that is not the right path for us. Too many things can happen to make the risk not high enough for us to worry about it. At least for now that is how we feel... we will see how the blood tests go.
Our big ultrasound is scheduled for 10/29, at about 19 weeks... you know what that means?? We could find out the sex if we want to. Hmmm.... I was adamant that I did not want to find out and then I learned that hubby does want to find out. Plus the kids really want to know.... oh my, what do I do? I guess I have about 9 weeks to think about it now.
I will also be starting back to school next week. The hospital I am doing my clinical's at is the hospital I am having all my check-ups and will be delivering at. How fun... I guess that makes appt's a bit easier. Not really into starting back to school. The last two semesters of school were the nursing program and it was torture for me. I don't think I have ever questioned myself like I did those two semesters. Why would anyone go back to that? Anyway, here I go, jumping feet first with my eyes shut.
Right now all I want to do is go upstairs and sleep.... It has been a long day of the class, kids and getting things done to start my program.

No comments:

Post a Comment