Tuesday, January 17, 2012

You Just Never Know....

As much as we wanted another baby,  Scott and I were a bit worried having another baby come into the family after all these years of just the 4 of us; we were unsure how the older ones would take to a baby or if they would see him as an intruder; would they be nice to him, would they get upset easily with the disruption, would they be upset that mommy's lap would be taken over for a while? Even though they were 6 and 7, we still do a TON of snuggling. We cuddle in bed all the time. We were worried about the time issues. We could not spend the same amount of one on one time for a little while until baby gets older. I use to take one out of school (or daycare) every once a month and do a "mommy day". One kid and what ever they wanted to do. I loved the time i got to spend with them. I know this sounds stupid and naive, but as much I as tried to prepare MYSELF I was not ready for the limited amount of time I would get with them individually after baby came.
It has gotten much easier as Cole has gotten older and he has created his own routine... not as needy.
I know this is sad, but I keep waiting for it... the jealousy, the "you love him/her more than me" ... you know. What I've heard from other parents.... 10 months an not once have I heard anything like that. On their end I could not be happier with the way they have accepted him so eaily and he is really their world!
No matter what he does, they dont get mad. Cole scratched Logans face over the weekend and I thought for sure he would get mad. He looked at him with a bit of blood on his face and said "Colie, buddy that hurts" in the most sweetest loving voice.... trying to teach him how not to scratch. Then he asked him if he was okay!!! Oh my baby boy is such a love bug! If Cole starts crying he jumps up and starts singing to him and dancing for him! He tells people its HIS baby! :) I love it!
Katelyn is a little mommy to him. Tonight I was making them cookies in the kitchen and Cole was really sleepy. I was trying to soothe him from the kitchen until I could get to him and she scooped him up in her arms, stuck his paci in his mouth, cuddled him with the blanket Logan gave him (Logans favorite blanket I made for him for Christmas) and rocked him ... enough for him to calm down in her loving arms and fall asleep! I finished what I was doing really quick, rushed over to rock him and found him passed out on his sissy! My heart melted! I tell my daughter that she is going to be a great mommy and she smiled BIGGER than I have ever seen her.
The other day I ask her if we should have more babies or not. She said for sure! I told her you know that if we have more babies that means that the time I have for her alone will be less and less time for her to cuddle with me. She says "mom, I know. It was the same when Colie got here and its okay". Then she says she wants lots of babies when she grows up. I said you better marry a rich man so you can have all those babies. She tells me "nope I am marring for love mom". Wow, this child continues to amaze me. She is one smart gal!! How did my 7 (almost 8) year old get this wisdom?

Transitioning to three has been challenging at times ... but honestly, the good times are more than worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment